I Corinthians 13-The Excellency of Love!

1:00 PM


Friday April 17th-Walking in Wisdom!

Amazon.com: Epic Designs 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is Patient ...

I Corinthians 13-True Love!
This is one of my favorite chapters of the bible.  It is about God’s love and not what we think is love.  This type of love is called agape love-it involves faithfulness, commitment and an act of the will, it is always shown by what it does.  I refer to this chapter often in my life.  It helps keep me in check about how I react to and treat others, esp. those who are hard to love.  It is a perfect example of God’s love for us.

I Corinthans 13:1-3
If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
Have you ever known someone who does so much for others but you wonder if their heart is truly in it?  They may be great at what they do, but something is missing.

:4-7  Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].   [Amplified Bible]
This is what I call tough love! 
Today’s  tough love is an expression used when someone treats another person harshly or sternly with the intent to help them in the long run.  Wikipedia
How we have twisted God’s word! 

So next time you are struggling with someone ask yourself are you really loving them?
Ephesians 4: 32-Be kind to one another , tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Ephesians 4:32 Be Kind to One Another - Free Bible Verse Art ...
John 3:16    For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Amazon.com: "Gospel Sign- For God So Loved the World"- John 3:16 ...

Hebrews 12: 1-3  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all!
Lyn









You Might Also Like

0 comments