Celebrating our New Life! (John 4:1-30)

10:00 PM

 

September 6, 2019

Please read: John 4:1-30

In today’s reading we find a Samaritan woman coming to the well to get water for her daily needs and she surprisingly finds a Jewish man there, and he speaks to her… to a Samaritan: people who were despised by Jews. She probably was even rejected by her own people, because of the way she lived! In an amazing way Jesus used earthly water to bring the Samaritan woman to realize how much more Jesus’ living water would quench her thirsty heart!  

“13 Jesus answered her, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again. 14 But whoever drinks the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. But the water that I give him will become in him a spring of water [satisfying his thirst for God] welling up [continually flowing, bubbling within him] to eternal life.” (4:13-14)
This same invitation is still available to all those who are seeking and thirsting for God. His Holy Spirit will renew and refresh those broken and weary hearts. What an awesome promise!

“Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy grain and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost [simply accept it as a gift from God].” (Isaiah 55:1 AMP)

In verses 4:16-26 Jesus directs her from her sinful life to a new life. His compassionate words and the authority of his speech as he revealed the hidden things of her heart, made her realize there was Divine Power in Him.

“23 But a time is coming and is already here when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit [from the heart, the inner self] and in truth; for the Father seeks such people to be His worshipers.24 God is spirit [the Source of life, yet invisible to mankind], and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (4:23-24)

I can still remember that first day when I surrendered my life to Jesus: I too was thirsty and filled with loneliness and remorse for my worldly life. Nothing this world offered could satisfy this thirst! But when He came into my life He filled me with His love and joy: “He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;” (Psalm 40:3a)


As the Samaritan woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah, she also knew her life would never be the same. This new life gave her the boldness to return to her people and share with joy about Jesus (4: 28-30) His words would give her the hope and joy to celebrate life knowing that in Him we have the assurance of His Love and Salvation:

I have proclaimed good news of righteousness [and the joy that comes from obedience to You] in the great assembly;
Behold, I will not restrain my lips [from proclaiming Your righteousness],
As You know, O Lord.
10 I have not concealed Your righteousness within my heart;
I have proclaimed Your faithfulness and Your salvation.
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth from the great assembly.” (Psalm 40:9-10)

In Jesus, don’t we have more than enough to celebrate each and every day of our lives? To worship God for Who He is and Praise Him for ALL He has given us?  
“16 Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let those who love Your salvation say continually,
“The Lord be magnified!” (Psalm 40:16)

What about the times when we might be facing difficulties? I can assure you, we are not alone, for His Spirit in us will sustain and comfort us (Nehemiah 8:10, John 14:26-30)
17 Even though I am afflicted and needy,
Still the Lord takes thought and is mindful of me.
You are my help and my rescuer.
O my God, do not delay. (Psalm 40:17)

Yes, He is ALL we need and He is Worthy of ALL our praise! So let us make each day a celebration!

My God, my Father, my Creator, my Sustainer, my Provider, my Healer, my Redeemer and my Friend. You are worthy of all praise, honor and glory! Your Name is above all other names! Your Mercy is so great and your Love is so deep! I love you! I exult You!! Amen!!

Blessings,
Mari

You Might Also Like

0 comments