Our God, Always Faithful- Ruth 1

12:00 AM



Today’s reading Ruth 1:1-22

Today as we read Ruth, I am reminded of myself as a young woman who had experienced very difficult circumstances but had a “glimpse” of faith that God would turn my whole little world around!

Although Naomi, Ruth’s mother-in-law was feeling bitter and distressed for all she had gone through,  Ruth had not set her eyes on her, but on Naomi’s God, because she had heard: “…about how the Lord had taken care of His people [of Judah] in giving them food.” (1:6)
So Naomi was coming back to her people in Israel, and since both her daughters-in-law were widows, she thought they should go back to their families in Moab.

16 But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people will be my people, and your God, my God. 17 Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord do the same to me [as He has done to you], and more also, if anything but death separates me from you.” 18 When Naomi saw that Ruth was determined to go with her, she said nothing more.” (1:16-18)

Ruth also wanted of these good things from Naomi’s God. She wanted the Lord to be her God, too!  Ruth had little knowledge of the true God, the God of Israel - but she knew He was a God of fairness and justice. By faith she abandoned her country, her family and her gods to follow Naomi and her God. And let me tell you she was blessed beyond her imagination!

It’s been 35 years since I surrendered my life to Jesus, and let me tell you I have experienced His Faithfulness in my life, my marriage, my children and their families! He is an awesome God, and I can tell you my faith and my family’s faith has been set under fire many, many times; BUT I have discovered we have not dealt with them alone, AND of course, we have also been granted with so many answered prayers and wonderful miracles! He has remained Faithful !! (You can also read here)

Looking back to this first act of surrender I realize:

10 For this reason I [am ready to] patiently endure all things for the sake of those who are the elect (God’s chosen ones), so that they too may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it the reward of eternal glory. 11 This is a faithful and trustworthy saying:
“If we died with Him, we will also live with Him;
12 If we endure, we will also reign with Him;
If we deny Him, He will also deny us;
13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful [true to His word and His righteous character], for He cannot deny Himself.” (2Timothy 2:11-13)

“Worshipping God involves sacrifice, but he “gives his riches to all who ask for them” (Romans 10:12) God honored Ruth’s faith by blessing her new life in Israel and giving her a place in the lineage of Jesus (Matthew 1:5). How has God blessed you since you put your faith in Him?” (iWorship Bible),

But I have trusted and relied on and been confident in Your lovingkindness and faithfulness;
My heart shall rejoice and delight in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.” (Psalm 13:5-6)

Amen and Amen!!

Mari




You Might Also Like

0 comments