We Shall Yet Praise Him {Psalm 42}

2:00 AM

Friday March 8th-Psalm 42

Image result for for I shall yet praise Him!


….for I shall yet praise Him! 

Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the help of my [sad] countenance, and my God.  Psalm 42:5

This verse is repeated 2 times in this psalm and once in psalm 43.  I think it is important and not to be overlooked. 


Do you have times when you are so overwhelmed and do not even know why?  Have you ever woken up so sad and wonder where does that come from?  Has your countenance been down?

Is there something that you are struggling with?  Something that you are waiting for and it seems like it is taking forever?  

Just as the deer pants for the water brooks so our souls pant after the Lord our God.  Our souls thirst for Him, the Living God!  We yearn to be in His presence.

Psalm 63:1
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.


Could it be that we have unconfessed sin in our lives that is not taken care of, that separates us from Him?  Make it right with Him and believe that He forgives you!

Image result for psalm 139 23-24

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any  hurtful way in me,
  And lead me in the everlasting way.


Image result for I John 1:9


We have an adversary who would like nothing better than to make us feel disturbed and in despair.
Remember what the Lord has done for you in your walk with Him.  All the promises that He has kept.  We tend to forget all that He has done for us.  


Image result for I Peter 5:8

 Hope in God for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance, and my God!

Psalm 71:14
But as for me, I will hope continually,
And will  praise You yet more and more.
Image result for psalm 42: 11b
He is our hope!  


“Praise the name of God forever and ever,
for he has all wisdom and power.
He controls the course of world events;
he removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the scholars.
He reveals deep and mysterious things
and knows what lies hidden in darkness,
though he is surrounded by light.
I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors,
for you have given me wisdom and strength.
You have told me what we asked of you
and revealed to us what the king demanded.”
Dan. 2: 20-23

“There is no one like the God of Israel.
He rides across the heavens to help you,
across the skies in majestic splendor.
The eternal God is your refuge,
and his everlasting arms are under you.
He drives out the enemy before you;
he cries out, ‘Destroy them!’

Deut. 33: 26-27



It has been an amazing week of praising and rejoicing in our God!  



 Image result for habakkuk 3:18


You Might Also Like

0 comments