Words by Roxanna~ Faith: Love and Freedom

1:22 PM



In early February 1974 I was facing the biggest decision of my life. I was convinced through reading the New Testament that Jesus really was the Son of God. But I did not want to be a Christian as I feared that I would lose my freedom. The last things that I associated with faith were love and freedom. In fact, the opposite was the case. I associated faith with losing my freedom. I thought that God would want me to stop doing all the things that were fun and that I enjoyed.
 
For many people today, freedom and love are the last things in the world that they associate with faith. In fact, I have discovered over the last 40 years, and as we see in today’s passages, that true faith leads to freedom and love. Love, faith and freedom are inextricably entwined.


Blessings,
Roxanna

You Might Also Like

0 comments