SoulSearching Sunday - Heaven Bound!

12:00 AM

Sunday, April 29, 2018




Week Seventeen

Welcome!  We pray that you have all had a precious time worshipping the Lord this morning!  Below you will find some thought provoking questions that will provide you a starting point to your journal writing to complete this week.  We hope that you will find this time soul satisfying!

Our reading this week was Esther 1 - Job 37:24
...


1. What is your calling? In what current life situations do you think God has placed you to make a difference for Him? Knowing that everything you do can be an act of worship - or rebellion - against the LORD, how will you live?

“If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. What’s more, who can say but that you have been elevated to the palace for just a time as this?” (Esther 4:14)

2. God is actively at work in every part of your life. Every event, every word that you utter, and every emotion you feel is consequential. It all matters. Reflect on a time when something that seemed small at the time turned out to be significant, and how God used it for your growth and His glory.

“He told them to celebrate these days with feasting and gladness and by giving gifts to each other and to the poor. This would commemorate a time when the Jews gained relief from their enemies, when their sorrow was turned into gladness and their mourning into joy.” (Esther 9:22)

3. What do you anticipate for the afterlife? What excites you most about being heaven-bound? How does your knowledge of heaven and the things to come impact how you live on earth? Worship God for the knowledge that He lives and that you will see Him face-to-face.


“But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that He will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see Him for myself. Yes, I will see Him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought! (Job 19:25-27)




You Might Also Like

0 comments