Who Do You Know? {Acts 19}

8:00 AM



Isn’t it amazing that this demon possessed man knew Jesus and even Paul?  And these seven sons were trying to use the name of Jesus to drive out the evil spirits.  But they themselves did not know Jesus.  Jesus told His disciples in Luke 9:49-50 to not prevent people from using His name.  There is so much power in Jesus’ name, but, do you believe? 

In verse 17 we see how because of this event, “the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor.  Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done.”




At some point in all our lives, Jesus’ name became more powerful than before.  I don’t know about you, but as each struggle I’ve been through, I see that power of Jesus’ name.

As I write this, our nation, and the whole world, seems to be dealing with a new illness and here in the United States, it is causing people to behave wildly.  Fear and panic were obvious.  Am I worried?  Yes, about the spirituality of these people.  When I learned that churches were shutting their doors especially, my heart broke.  All those people who are afraid need that power of Jesus.  By the time this post is available, we will be in quarantine for approximately 20 days.  I was a bit rebellious in the beginning.  I was sad that our churches were closing and I went to our chapel to seek guidance.


I learned something though about my rebellion…  my flesh desires to follow the crowd and fill the desire of safety in buying groceries.  I realized that in all of this uncertainty, we want to have some control.  Today, we will have spent three weeks dealing with something we have no control over.  We will be 12 days from celebrating the most powerful day I know, and I pray that everyone will know the power in the name of Jesus.




You Might Also Like

0 comments