Songs of Praise {Psalm 57:1 - 59:17}

12:30 AM

Psalm 57 – 59

May 15, 2018

“Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy!  I look to you for protection.”  Psalm 57:1a

I have prayed this a lot lately.  I’ve been in a bit of a rough patch between my physical healing and my job.   And God has used every morning with Him to instruct me.  So much so, I actually had to get a bigger journal. 

“He will send help from heaven to save me, rescuing me from those who are out to get me.  My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness.”  57:3

For some reason, I just could not begin writing for this post until Sunday.  Usually I’ve read the chapters a couple of times and done some research on certain verses.  But, I waited. 

“I will thank you, Lord, in front of all the people.  I will sing your praises among the nations.”  57:9

I had a couple unexpected things occur over the weekend that have me singing songs of praise.  Two weeks ago I wrote about waiting and expecting on the Lord.  And waiting can take a long time.  Trusting in God’s timing can be very unnerving and our flesh likes to take over.   I’ve had my share of expectations during my life, and I’ve recently discovered that I cannot expect from anyone except the Lord.   Last week I told you about some unconfessed sin which has allowed me to enter into the Lord’s protection.

“I wait quietly before God, for my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.  I wait quietly before God, for my home is in Him.”  Psalm 62:1-2, 5.

Related image

As I laid my requests out before the Lord recently, I asked for a blessing.  And for those of you who know me, you are probably thinking I’d be telling you that I have a surgery date, or that my knee has healed.  God knows exactly what we need and exactly when we need it!  And boy, did He bless me this weekend. 

Sure it was Mother’s Day and all, but I received a gift and a card from someone I didn’t expect.  In fact, she called me beautiful and my heart has been soaring ever since.  But that’s not all.  One of my children shared with me that after a couple of trials of getting into a relationship with another person, he will not pursue another young lady unless she has placed Christ first in her life.  This child of mine has always had a very firm foundation and I tend to learn a thing or two from him, but the connection we had during our conversation simply made my heart soar even higher!  At this point I could have not expected anything else. 

I know God has been listening to me through these difficult months.  He has protected me from some very challenging trials.  It was just this past weekend though, that I asked for a blessing.  Sure, I know, He is enough.  He is all I need.  But He was not done with His blessings.  More children and more words and gifts of gratitude were expressed like I’ve never received before. 

My circumstances are still the same.  However, God answered many of my prayers in such a short period of time that I cannot even begin to share them all with you.  It’s like He took them all and showed me just how powerful He truly is.


Image result for psalm 57:10-11

You Might Also Like

0 comments