SoulSearching Sunday ~ He is So Good!

12:00 AM

Sunday, May 6, 2018



Week Eighteen

Welcome!  We pray that you have all had a precious time worshipping the Lord this morning!  Below you will find some thought provoking questions that will provide you a starting point to your journal writing to complete this week.  We hope that you will find this time soul satisfying!

Our reading this week was Job 38 - Psalm 24:10
...


1. How much of a role does silence play in your life of prayer and worship? The spirit disciplines of silence and solitude are rarely practiced in the modern, Western church. Be honest with God about whatever is confusing or distressing in your life, and then be silent. Listen for His voice.

“Then Job replied to the LORD, ‘I am nothing-how could I ever find the answers? I will put  my hand over my mouth in silence. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.’” (Job 40:3-5)

2.  On the next clear night, spend time under God’s canopy, journaling, praying, and enjoying His glorious creation. Praise the Creator that He knows you personally and has crowed you with glory and honor.

“When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers,…what are mortals that You should think of us?" (Psalm 8:3-4)

3. C.S. Lewis said, “The most valuable thing the Psalms do for me is to express the same delight in God which made David dance.” What words from the psalmist can you borrow to express your delight in God?

“I will sing to the LORD because He has been so good to me.” (Psalm 13:6)

4. Where do you seek rest and peace? How has God led you to “peaceful streams”? Thank God for His refreshment.


“He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams.” (Psalm 23:2)






You Might Also Like

0 comments