Thursday April 28th-But by the Grace of God

6:00 PM

 


Grace-  Appropriately, the free unmerited love and favor of God, the spring and source of all the benefits men receive from him. [1828 websters dict.]

*Grace comes from Jesus

24 But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus, 1 Corinthians 1:4

 

*Grace builds us up and is with us.

32 And now I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Acts 20:32

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.    1 Corinthians 15:10

 

*Grace, with it we are supplied abundantly for every good deed.

8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; 2 Corinthians 9:8


*Grace is perfected in our weaknesses, so that we can boast about Him and not of ourselves.

9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9


*Grace is given to us so that we can know how to respond to those we come in contact with.

6 Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. Colossians 4:6


*Grace comes to the humble.

But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. James 4:6

If we have received the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we then can walk and live in His grace.  It empowers us for everything we need to live out our lives on this earth.  We are weak but He empowers us and we can do all things through Him who strengthens us. It allows us to know how to respond to others.  God’s grace comes to those who are humble and not proud. 

Are you walking in His grace today or are you still doing things in your own strength?  Are you spending time in His Word?  Do you stop and think before responding to others and ask for His help?  Do you share with others what God is doing in your life or do you boast about what you are doing?

Take sometime today and sit with Him in His Word.  Let Him pour out His grace upon you. 

Selah,

Lyn

And don't forget to head over to Facebook and join the discussion. just follow the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/womenintheword2

 

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments