Trusting Him with My Destiny! {Mark 15}

1:44 AM



By Sue Desmarais

Oh, how I hate to read the accounts of Jesus’ torture and death! I hate seeing how Pilate could so easily dismiss Him and sentence Him to death knowing that He was innocent! I hate to read how these soldiers mocked and beat Him and cast lots for His clothing. I hate seeing how the Jewish rulers fought so hard to have the Messiah put to death! But I especially hate knowing that had I been there, I would have been naïve enough to have, at the very least, kept silent or worse, joined the crowds chanting, “Crucify Him!” So, you can imagine my shock one day as I was sitting on the floor, my physical resources completely depleted, lamenting to our Father that I couldn’t possibly get up- couldn’t possibly keep going… and the thought came, “you left My Son on the tree!”   

That would make you sit up and pay attention, wouldn’t it? It certainly worked for me! I mean, the fact that my sin was what nailed Him TO the tree was tough enough to admit, but now the revelation that my actions had left Him there!! Our Father continued, “you trusted Him for your final destination, but you have never trusted Him with your destiny. My Son is a risen Savior! Risen to live His life in you.” He went on to add, “you will get up, but this time in the power of My Son.” And He was right! I did, right after He explained all He meant by what He had just said, and it has made all the difference in my life!!

I pray I can share some of it with you today, for I believe there may be some of you reading this post that have also trusted Jesus for your final destination, but still haven’t trusted Him with your destiny.

Let me begin by asking, what is eternal life and are you certain you’ve been given it? How would you describe it? Is it a place one goes to, or a feeling within?  Just when does eternal life begin exactly? And are you certain of your answers, for they can make all the difference in this life? 

God’s word says, “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.”- 1John 5:11-12 (emphasis mine). According to these verses Christ Jesus and eternal life are synonymous terms, and eternal life is Jesus Christ Himself! John also said in John 1:4, “In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.” Therefore, if you have eternal life, it simply means you have the Son, Jesus Christ, for He said so Himself, “I am the Way, the Truth, and [I am] the Life.”- John 14:6

Eternal life is not a special feeling inside, nor is it your final destination when you die. If you are born again, if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, eternal life is a quality of life you posses right now, this moment, and in this life time! Eternal life began at your Bethlehem, the moment you were born again and Christ Jesus came into your life to take over!  That’s right; Jesus is not only our Savior, but Lord! 

Is He Lord in your life, or are you still seated on the throne? If so, let me share just a bit of all you’re missing out on, for “Christianity is much more than a religion. It is something that makes it relevant to each one of us right now as a contemporary experience.” –Mjr. W. Ian Thomas 

There are two key verses you need to hang onto! They are what I call “refrigerator verses” for they need to be displayed somewhere where you’ll see them often!

1.) “Faithful is He that calls you who will also do!” – 1 Thessalonians 5:24 The One who calls you is also the One who will accomplish what He has called you to.

2.) “For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.” – Philippians 2:13 He is the One who provides both the will and ability to get what He has called you to do, done!!


What can we do when Jesus takes over from within? According to Paul in Philippians; “[We]can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!” (Phil 4:13) And in Ephesians he spelled it out for us even further: “Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us,” –Eph 3:20 (emphasis mine)

This means the work that you have been redeemed to do as “His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before ordained that you should walk in them (Eph 2:10) can ONLY be fulfilled in the energy and power of the One who indwells you! Jesus, Himself professed, “I can of mine own self do nothing” (John 5:19) and He has also proclaimed that, “Apart from Me you can do nothing.”(John 15:5 emphasis mine)

If we can do nothing apart from Him, then everything that you do apart from Him profits nothing!! (John 6:63b) (There is no heavenly value whatsoever!!) It is amazing how busy some can be doing nothing of any heavenly value!! Wouldn’t you want ALL that you do to be profitable for both God’s Kingdom and yourself? Surely you are hoping to one day hear the words, “Well done, thy humble and faithful servant”! I can’t imagine working so hard all my life for little to no profit at all, but that would have been the case had The Lord and I not had that conversation on the living room floor that day!!

 Paul wrote in Romans knowing that our lives which we possess as a born-again Christian is of Him, and every moment that we live we should live through Him, and that way all things go back to Him. (Romans 11:36) Which is why Paul’s next statement is:

Therefore I urge (beg) you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies [dedicating all of yourselves] as a living sacrifice, holy and well-pleasing to God, which is your rational (logical) act of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world [any longer with its superficial values and customs], but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove [for yourselves] what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His plan and purpose for you]!!-Rm 12:1-2

Here lies the key to making sure that from this day forward all that you do will be profitable in the life to come! Just imagine if we all surrendered our lives, wills, rights, wants, hopes, etc. and allowed Him to take over! Just imagine what would happen. I have discovered since then that it is not a once in a lifetime surrendering like the moment of our salvation, but daily; even moment by moment surrendering. I’ve learned to see the difference between when I am wholly surrendered and Christ is working and when my flesh takes control once more. I hope I can share more on this at a later date, but for right now, would you begin to ask our Lord Jesus to come in and love others through you? I pray you’ll be amazed at the difference between Jesus’ love for others and your own! Simply pray, “Lord Jesus love_____ through me.”

I’d love for you to come back and share all you experienced!! 

Till then,
Sue

You Might Also Like

0 comments