Friday January 29th-Anna-Luke-2:36-38

5:00 PM

 

Friday January 29th-Anna-Luke 2:36-38



As of this time of writing we are in the midst of an inauguration of a new president, with much turmoil.  My husband and I have just spent time fasting and praying for our country.  What peace and joy has filled our souls.  Fasting brings peace, joy and humility before our God.  It keeps us focused on Him!

Anna was a prophetess, serving and worshiping day and night with fastings and prayers in the temple.  She was married for a few short years, seven to be exact and then was a widow the rest of her days.  She was eighty four years old.  What rejoicing when she saw Jesus for she recognized him.   She began giving thanks to God and continued to share Jesus with all who were looking for redemption and deliverance. 

Did you see that?  Anna devoted her life to fasting and praying and because she did she knew Jesus when she saw Him and not only that she would tell everyone about Him.

That is the kind of life I want to live before our God.



Lord,  I will exalt You, my God.  I will bless Your name forever.  Every day I will bless You and lovingly praise You.  Great are You, Lord and highly to be praised.  You are my light and my salvation, Whom shall I fear?  You are my refuge and the fortress of my life.  One thing I ask of You Lord, that I will seek and dwell in Your house all the days of my life.  I will bless the Lord at all times and His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  Lord put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to You, my God; so that many will see, fear and trust in You.  Help me to delight to do Your will, O my God; for your law is written in my heart.  You are my refuge and strength, a very present help in time of need.  I will be still before You, God; for You will be exalted among the nations and in the earth.  Lord of hosts You are with me.

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us lift up His name together.  Amen!

How about you?  Have you tried fasting?  Have you spent a day with the Lord, just you and Him in His Word, pouring out your heart to Him? 

EVERY WEEK WE MEET FOR PRAYER AND WE WOULD LOVE TO PRAY FOR YOU.  LEAVE YOUR REQUESTS HERE AND WE WILL BRING THEM BEFORE THE FATHER. 


 

 


   

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments