Take Time to Pray! {Luke 5}

10:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Luke 5

Take time to pray! How often do you stop during the day to pray?  Do you have a place where you go to pray? 

Image result for Luke 5:16

But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness [lonely place] and prayLuke 5: 16

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.  Hebrews 4: 14-16

I am so thankful for a High Priest who sympathizes with our weaknesses and was tempted in all things that we are tempted in and that we can draw near to the throne of grace and receive mercy and grace for help in time of need.

When I went to Wyoming for my sister’s death, I went alone without my husband, it was sudden so he could not take the time off from work, was I afraid, yes because I was not sure of what I was going in to.  I had not seen my sister’s family in many years.  I had stayed in touch with them but really did not know them.  There was a lot of fighting going on among them.  I felt at times like I was in a battle zone.  I did much praying during that time and I went to my room throughout the day to pray and ask the Lord for help.  It was during that trip that I saw the Lord at work.  He taught me to slip away into my room to pray and trust Him for the results.  Very bad situations suddenly stopped.  Unkind words were stopped.  Laughter and joy replaced them. I was able to share the Lord with them and pray with them.   I was able to spend time with them and the Lord deepened my relationship with them.  I saw Him heal a marriage and bring them into relationship with Him. 

Image result for I Thess. 5:17
Pray without ceasing; I Thess. 5:16

 I know that we all go through such hard times.  Talk to Him throughout the day and spend time alone with Him.  I know that we all lead busy lives but ask Him to show you when that time during the day is best for you.  He will show you because He wants to spend time with you.
If Jesus often went alone to pray, we also need to go alone and pray!

Trust Him with every fiber of your being!  What He can accomplish in and through you is proportional to how much you depend on Him.  He cares as much about your tiny trust-steps through daily life as about your dramatic leaps of faith.  You may think that no one notices, but the One who is always beside you sees everything-and rejoices.  Consistently trusting in Him is vital to flourishing in His presence. [taken from Jesus calling, Sarah Young]
Lyn



You Might Also Like

0 comments