Rejoice, Pray, Give Thanks!

12:00 AM

 
Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

Today we are memorizing 1 Thessalonians 5:16, 17, and 18…

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Here is this verse in the amplified version…

Rejoice always and delight in your faith;  be unceasing and persistent in prayer; in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

What was Paul asking of me personally to draw me closer to Him and strengthen my faith in Him?  I asked myself these questions and I pray that they will be of help to you as well…

How can I always “rejoice and delight” in my faith?
~I will be thankful. I will focus daily on the blessings that God has given me through His Son Jesus.
~I will yield and rely on Him in every situation I may come across. I will give all control of my life over to Him…I will be worry free! 
~I will sing! Praising Him in song always brings me joy.  I will praise Him for His goodness, love, and grace. Even if I do make a “joyful noise!” ;)

How can I “pray without ceasing”?
~I will first to admit that I need to depend on the Lord for everything.  I read, “Prayer is the language of trusting the Lord.” 
~When I think of a loved one or friend I will pray for them immediately, even if it’s “short and sweet.” When someone asks me to pray for them, I will pray right there with the person.  I won’t promise to pray later and then forget to do so.  I will pray immediately for them.  
~I will read books on prayer.  
~Most importantly I will spend time in God’s word and prayer each morning.  I will continue using His words for my prayers. That’s why I love memorizing His Word!

How can I “give thanks in all circumstances” to God?
~I will read His Word and deepen my understanding of who God really is. I have studied the names He is given in the Bible and recommend every one to do the same!
~I will truly trust Him above all else.  Thankfulness will be my habit if trusting is my habit.  If I am trusting Him, then it follows that I will be thankful and if I’m thankful, I am trusting Him.

Remember that this is not something that we can just do, it is a life-long process, We must practice daily. Remember practice doesn’t make perfect it just makes permanent. Realize that “this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.”

Dear Father, thank you for your goodness, for your love, for your forgiveness, and for your Son! Help me to live according to Your will.  Give me your wisdom and guidance during my prayer time and all day as I lift others in prayer. Remind me to continually look to You and trust You for all things.

Have a blessed and precious day everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments