When God Bends Down {Psalm 85-89}

12:00 AM



Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help.  Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord; hear my urgent cry. I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble, and you will answer me.” –Psalm 86:1-7

Can you imagine this scene: The LORD bends down and listens…; the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe bends down from His throne above to hear the prayers you whisper to Him… Almighty God, the King of Glory leans in to listen to the words you speak?

  The truth is that your prayer will always reach God’s ear.

He knows your heart and recognizes your voice; He hears each plea, and petition.  He listens so carefully to each prayer of thanksgiving and supplication.  Not only does He hear our prayers, but He promises to answers them. Not always exactly how we think they should be answered, but He answers them according to what’s best for each of us! Isn’t that amazing? We know for certain that our prayers are being considered because God has said so in His Word (1 John 5:14–15; Jeremiah 29:11–12)! We can be as confident as David when we pray.

No other god is like you, O Lord. None can do what you do! All the nations you made will come and bow before you, Lord; they will praise your holy name. For you are great and perform wonderful deeds. You alone are God.” – Psalm 86:8-10

Through His word we’ve learned that He alone created the world (John 1), and all mankind will bow down to Him one day (Phil 2:10-11). Because of His loving kindness, God makes room for people of every nation who are willing to turn from their selfish, sinful ways to follow Him. And it’s through His Word that we learn how to follow God correctly. For He is LORD, (Yahweh) and we need to treat Him as such. Notice:

Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death.” – Psalm 86: 11-13

Here’s the truth David offers us through his prayer:
·         If you are lonely, God is there waiting.  
·         If you are discouraged, God leans in and is attentive to your cares.
·         If you are worried, He's ready to listen.  
·         If you are afraid, God hears your pleas for help and is here to offer His protection.  
·         If you are heartbroken, God is a God rich of mercy, compassion and grace towards His own.

He is always close enough to bend down and rescue you!

 Blessings!
sue 

You Might Also Like

0 comments