SoulSearching Sunday~Faith, Hope, Presence

12:00 AM

Sunday, May 20, 2018



Week Twenty

Welcome!  We pray that you have all had a precious time worshipping the Lord this morning!  Below you will find some thought provoking questions that will provide you a starting point to your journal writing to complete this week.  We hope that you will find this time soul satisfying!

Our reading this week was 
Psalm 54 - 78...

1. Fear that grows out of a lack of faith in God’s protections is not just a nuisance - it’s sin. What circumstances or relationships cause you the most worry? List your five greatest fears and pray through each one, asking yourself, “Why should I fear?” God is supreme.

But when I am afraid, I put my trust in You, O God, I praise your Word. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? (Psalm 56:3-4)

2. What is the single greatest desire of your heart? What is the hope that gives you strength and encouragement throughout the day? What stands in your way of sincerely praying this prayer of the psalm writer? Ask God to be the strength of your heart.

Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. (Psalm 73:25-26)

3. Describe in detail a time when you were 100 percent certain of God’s miraculous presence and work in your life. Put a mental bookmark in that day or week or year. When you face trail or hardship and simply can’t find reason to worship God, think back to that time and worship with hope.

O God, your ways are holy. Is there any god as mighty as You? You are the God of miracles and wonders! You demonstrate your awesome power among the nations. You have redeemed your people by your strength, the descendants of Jacob and of Joseph by your might. (Psalm 77: 13-15)




You Might Also Like

0 comments