The Altar of My Heart {Genesis 24:1 - 25:18}

12:30 AM

January 9, 2018

Read:  Genesis 24:1-25:18


I don’t know about you, but I struggle with waiting!  I have spent a great deal of my life in a hurry.  I remember day-dreaming about what life would be like when…  God’s timing is so much different than ours.  Can you imagine being 100 years old and finally having that child you’ve always wanted?  Or how about being 40 and having some old man select your spouse!  I don’t know if I have that much trust to allow that to happen.  I will say, that as I’ve aged, I have learned to put my trust in God and allow myself to take a step back and watch His hand work out my life.

I just love the devotional for today in the iworship bible!  Brother Lawrence had a mindset of “practicing the presence of God”.  I used to wonder why the people in the bible were always building an altar to God.  We need to remember that God is our creator and He is in control of every situation and desires and deserves our worship.  We need to learn how to pray non-stop like Eliezer and be totally dependent on the Lord.  God’s fingerprints are everywhere and we should not be in such a hurry and miss the opportunities to worship God.

We are to build an altar to the Lord in our hearts.  And visit it frequently!  We should take our sin, sorrow, faults, and failings to God at this altar and offer them as a burnt offering, letting God’s fire consume them and reprove us.  We should take our confidences, joys and praise as peace offerings, willingly sharing them with God and continually submitting them to Him!  We can call on the Lord at our altar, discuss our requests and desires with Him, and seek His face concerning them.

You see, it is at the altar where God answers.  Since our body is the temple, we can never leave our altar.  As we maintain an altar-consciousness and listen for God’s voice, we will hear Him speak through His Word, and through other Christians.
 Image result for 1 corinthians 6:19

Eye of the Storm
In the eye of the storm
You remain in control
And in the middle of the war
You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor
When my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me
In the eye of the storm
When the solid ground is falling out from underneath my feet
Between the black skies, and my red eyes, I can barely see
When I realize I've been sold out by my friends and my family
I can feel the rain reminding me
In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
In the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me
In the eye of the storm
Mmm, when my hopes and dreams are far from me
And I'm runnin' out of faith
I see the future I picture slowly fade away
And when the tears of pain and heartache
Are pouring

You Might Also Like

0 comments