“Are you listening?” {Exodus 1-4}

12:30 AM

January 16, 2018


I don’t know about you, but when life changes, I tend to pull on the reins and want to stop.  I have a difficult time with change and I want to know all the plans ahead of time so that I am prepared.  Some people call this being a control freak.  Well, whatever it is, I don’t like being in the midst of change without knowing what’s going on. 

God’s timing is not at all like my own.  And I have been like Moses many, many times – pick someone else!  I am not at all your gal!  Until now.  These past 15 days have been simply amazing.  I prayed for open eyes, wisdom and understanding not too long ago, and I have seen and understood so much more than I thought possible.

After Moses tried over and over to tell God he wasn’t the right guy for the task, God told Moses, “I will be with you.” (3:12)  We need to become more aware of the ground we walk on.  God’s location is right here!  Remember, our bodies are a temple? (1 Corinthians 6:19)  “We take the first step towards worship each time we become aware that God constantly surrounds us.” (iworship devotional for today).

Image result for Exodus 3:12


Where is it that you need to worship God?  Is it in an illness?  A job?  Your children?  Your parents?  Your spouse?  A new place to live?  Whatever it is, just remember that is holy ground.  Perhaps you haven’t realized that that is holy ground.  God wants you to worship Him right there.  He brought you there and He is able to part the seas for you to go through it.


“As we begin today in Exodus, let us remember that the word means “to go forth” or “to depart”.  It’s the story of a people rescued through the blood of a sacrificial lamb, breaking the bonds of slavery to worship the God who rescued them, and then being taught how to worship Him.  It’s a book detailing some of the essential elements of worship, trusting, leaving, listening and obeying.  The Israelites had to leave their old ways and adopt the Lord’s ways.  They had to listen to God’s instructions about how to live and worship.  And finally, they had to obey.” (iworship Bible)

You Might Also Like

0 comments