Today is the Day!

12:30 AM


Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

Today, we begin our memorization of verses found in 2 Corinthians with 6:2…
For He says, “In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you. Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”
 
Here is the verse in the New Living Translation…
As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it. For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.

Here, Paul is quoting Isaiah 49:8…
This is what the Lord says: “At just the right time, I will respond to you. On the day of salvation I will help you. I will protect you and give you to the people as my covenant with them. Through you I will reestablish the land of Israel and assign it to its own people again. (NLT)
Just as God spoke to the people of Israel through Isaiah, Paul wanted to give the Corinthian Christians a sense of urgency and purpose.  God has an acceptable time for us to work with His grace.  God has a day of salvation that will not last forever.  As a follower of Christ we need not to live our lives in comfort.  It is time for us to begin getting busy for the Lord, and to be work with with Him and glorify Him through our lives.

Have a blessed and precious day everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments