Scripture Saturday ~ Hiding God’s Word in Your Heart

12:00 AM




By Sandra Wyatt

Welcome to Scripture Saturday!  Today we begin our memorization of verses found in John with verses 1:1-4…

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made.  In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.

I want to admit to you all that I chose these verses for memorizing because they are significant in my life as a Christian.  Twenty-five years ago I called a friend, who was Christian, desperate for God, for His compassion, for His love, for His strength. This friend invited me to her church. It was there that I met more Christian women and they immediately brought me into their fold. I remember sitting near one of these dear friends that morning...she opened her bible to these very verses and I read them along with her.  It was at that moment that I felt the Holy Spirit's presence within me…I read those words along with her and was amazed, and still am today, at the truths that had waiting for me!  To Him be the Glory!  I thank Him everyday for this gift He gave me, for His revelation, for His Son, for the Holy Spirit and for His mercy and grace!

“‘In him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.’ Only in Jesus is there eternal life. Because only through him can our deadness be replaced with life and our blindness be replaced with light. Come to him. Believe on him. Receive him. And he will be your life—your everlasting joy.” (Piper)

​Have a precious and blessed day everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments